Terms and Conditions
AHEPA WORLD CUP GENERAL TERMS
Beach Volleyball Tournament
Date: 23-25 July 2021
Friday 23 July qualifiers matches
Saturday 24 July beginning of main tournament
Sunday 25 July finals – World Cup final
PLACE OF EVENT
Municipality of Nafpaktia, Greece
RIGHT TO PARTICIPATION
– AHEPA members or non-members, of any sporting level can participate
– The teams are necessarily joint (1 male athlete + 1 female athlete)
– Each team should pay a symbolic participation fee
– The final draw follows the double-elimination system (double Knock-out/ 2 losses are required to eliminate a team). In the semifinals the teams are eliminated with one (1) loss.
Depending on the number of participants, the organising committee has the right to change the qualifiers and main draw system, for the smooth running of the event.
Teams of the final draw will be ranked according to:
– The athletes’ individual score based on their ranking in previous AHEPA CUP tournaments.
– Foreign teams, AHEPA members or well-established teams (e.g. through their participation in national or international championships, etc.) occupy a place in the final draw by priority, if they wish so.
– The organising committee has the right to give at least 2 wild cards.
Official Beach Volley Referees are assigned to Main Draw games.
There will be cash prizes for the winning teams.
In addition, cups, medals will be awarded to the winner, the finalist and the team ranking third in the event
All participants will receive event T-shirts.
RULES OF THE GAME
The rules of the game for the tournament are those applicable according to the International Volleyball Federation-FIVB.
Specific Rule: jump serve is not allowed for male athletes.
The net is set up at an average height between male and female standards.
ACCOMMODATION – MEALS – BOARDING
Accommodation and meals are offered to teams coming from abroad or to acclaimed Greek athletes.